Thursday, June 21, 2007

This Was a Cool Tool

Back last year when Edwards was in Atlanta for his book signing, a photographer snapped away as Edwards greeted each person. Then, you were given a card with a website where the photo could be viewed and copied. The catch was that to enter the site, you registered with your email address and were given the option of providing a cellphone #. I did that and now get text message alerts from the Edwards folks on a semi-regular basis. Today's message was a little different, though, and it had Joe Trippi's fingerprints all over it. I got a text message that said Sen. Edwards wanted to talk to me and would call if I hit reply or called a number that was provided. I took the bait. The call was a recorded message from Edwards that spoke to the importance of giving before the end of the quarter (it really, really is important, and you should do it now), and offered to connect me to a volunteer so that I could make a donation, if only I would press '1.'

This is innovative, and a very cool tool- a robo-call the voter chooses to receive.

No comments: